Solution ConsultantApply Now Requisition ID 1645575 Posting Date 10/12/2017 Category Sales Location Bangalore, Karnataka | India Schedule Full-time Employee Status Day Job
Position name: Solution Consultant
Solution Consultant leads the overall solution and value proposition in the Sales Pursuits of Enterprise Services division in DXC. The role is part of the S&SS Organization (Solutioning and Sales Support). Solution Leader needs to be the Go to person for the Client during the pursuit and needs to demonstrate the value of the DXC solution to the client in a compelling way. Solution leader role is a combination of Technical and Commercial though leadership and able to communicate to client in a compelling manner and Closely work with Subject Matter Solutioning Experts during Solutioning phase and working delivery before solution and bid submission to client for reviews and working with them in thehandover processif DXC succeeds in the pursuit
Main Functions of the Job
- To prepare a Services and or Technical solution for Clients inIT Services Area as a integral part of a services sale primarily in the Infra outsourcing area , with a flair for applications
- Accountability and leadership for the provision of quality solutions which satisfy client requirements – across all components of the end to end solution (all technical family)
- Architects an appropriate technical and or Services solution to meet the customer's requirements
- Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity
- Identifies the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities
- Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution
- Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan
- Maintains excellent communications with customer IT management
- Understands the roles and affectively engages other teams and resources within DXC and partners
- Understand industry KPIs for IT services outsourcing and able to benchmark the solution KPI and take appropriate actions
- Broadly understand Technical design across all infrastructure and workplace capabilities and able to work on course correction with respective solution designers.
- Supports the development of sales, competitive and partnering strategies in identified industry market segments, territories and accounts for both new and existing clients.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of solutioning Subject Matter Experts to drive optimized cost effective innovative solution.
- Ensures effective application of the Solution Development Methodology and supporting best practices, tools and templates.
- Works with bid manager and pursuit leadership to resolve deal-specific issues.
- Works with Deal Analyst to develop the Cost to Win for the pursuit.
- Represents DXC as technical IT expert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise
- Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design
- Flair for IT Services Selling /Solutioning is a must
- In depth Technical expertise in at least one infrastructure domain like Network , Server , Storage , database , Messaging , Management tools
- MBA or Technical University degree or Bachelor's degree
- 15+ years of experience in technical Solutioning and selling and/or consultative selling
- Experience in Information Technology (IT) industry
- Technical and/or services solution experience preferred
- Good Project Management skills
EEO Tagline: DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities Apply Now