Presales Solution architect: Cloud Technologies (Azure/Amazon Web services)Apply Now Requisition ID 1609933 Posting Date 04/21/2017 Category Sales Location Bangalore, Karnataka | India Schedule Full-time Employee Status Day Job
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology.
As a Solution Architect within the Workload & Cloud Practice Architects group, you will work closely with our pursuit, technical and leadership teams to define and deliver complex customer solutions. You will be responsible for providing technical sales support and be the cloud subject matter expert for key customer engagements. You will also be responsible for influencing the HP Enterprise Services cloud services strategy.
As our ideal candidate, you will possess the cloud technical and sales expertise needed to lead the design, development, and delivery of compelling solutions. You are a recognized leader within the cloud industry and have contributed knowledge in the form of white papers, research articles, or patents.
At a commercial level, you will have built and deployed cloud solutions in large scale environments. With proven experience overseeing all aspects of cloud solutions, your track record of identifying business opportunities and driving profitable success will be exceptional. Your outstanding relationship building skills and ability to develop strong working partnerships will lead you to success in this exciting opportunity.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions and technical sales support for selected customer opportunities. Understand business requirements and be able to translate them into technical requirements.
• Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners, and potential clients.
• Provide consultative support to Solution Architects/Leaders and deal teams.
• Mentor Practice Architects in the assigned opportunities. Exhibit leadership and be viewed as a leader by senior management, peers, partners, company and customers.
• Publish white papers on given topics for internal or external use. Gather product requirements from field and customer and aggregate and submit findings to the cloud portfolio/practice to drive refinement of solutions and offerings.
• Drive add on sales and business opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
· Education - Bachelor's degree in engineering/computer science or equivalent
· Minimum 8 years systems integration experience
· Minimum 5 years solution architect experience on cloud technologies
· Extensive expertise in providing leadership during customer business discussions, requirements and needs analysis (financial drivers, impacts, and restrictions) and creating technical solutions.
· Excellent communication and relational skills – able to form a trusted advisor relationship with a customer, able to listen and guide a technical discussion, able to clearly articulate complex topics.
· Proven track record with IT customers
· Extensive knowledge and experience with cloud and virtualization technologies, solutions, and architectures.
· Extensive experience selling cloud and virtualization technologies at the engineering level through the CxO level.
· Experience in the integration and proposal of 3rd party suppliers/products for cloud computing solutions. Able to work with and manage customized solutions and products, including 3rd party products.
· MS Azure and AWS architectures
· Traditional Computing, Private and Public Cloud architecture
· Cloud Computing Software (OpenStack, Soft Layer, etc.)
· VMware: ESXi, vSwitch operations, SRM (site recovery manager), View, vCloud
· Hypervisors (Hyper-V KVM, VMWare)
· Networking Protocols, design and products: Ethernet, IP, switching, routing etc.
· Storage networking protocols: Fiber Channel, iSCSI, NFS/CiFS, storage multi-pathing
· X86 hardware solutions.
· Rack and blade server solutions from HP, Oracle, IBM, Dell
· Firewalls/IPS, load balancers, WAN optimization
Cloud/Automation Software: Cloud System Automation
Cloud/Workload migration methodologies
Disaster recovery solutions: backup/recovery, mirroring, active/standby, active/active
High availability architectures and clustering solutions (Oracle RAC, Veritas, et al.)
IaaS, SaaS, PaaS offerings and commercial constructs
SDN, NFV concepts
Knowledge of HP cloud related portfolio and offerings (Helion/Virtual Private Cloud/CSA/etc.) is a plus
Experience with other cloud providers, i.e. Amazon, Google, Microsoft is a plus
Cloud or Virtualization certifications is a plus
EEO Tagline: DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities Apply Now