EMC Storage AdministratorApply Now Requisition ID 1629644 Posting Date 04/21/2017 Category Services Location Bangalore, Karnataka | India Schedule Full-time Employee Status Flex Time
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology.
Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. DXC ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients. We have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on DXC as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
Role: EMC Storage Administrator
Experience: 8 to 12 Years
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of experience in Administration/Design and Implementation on EMC Storage (VNX, Clarion,DMX,VMAX & Centerra)
- Experience in SRDF and time finder configuration in EMC storage environment
- Strong Knowledge on Performance analysis factors of Storage Arrays
- In-depth knowledge of using SYMCLI
- Experience in Designing, Configuring and troubleshooting Fabric Environment constituting Brocade/ McData/ Connectrix/ Cisco switches.
- In-depth knowledge of managing and administering ECC
- Certification on EMC technology is an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of Tape libraries MSL, ESL and EML
- Hands-on knowledge on in any of the storage management applications like Storage Essentials, ECC etc
- System administration experience on HPUX or Sun Solaris, and knowledge on Volume Manager Concepts would be an added value.
- In depth Knowledge on ITIL processes like Incident management, Problem Management, Configuration management and Change Management processes.
- Certification on HP Storage technology is an added advantage.
- Good skills on performance optimization.
- Solving complicated Hardware cases and Liaising with Hardware Vendor/EMC support
·Advanced trouble shooting skills and identify the severity of the issue, Ability to Resolving issues quickly to account/customer satisfaction and Prepare RCA
- Provide operational support on a 24x7 rotation basis.
- 6 to 8 years of support experience
- System administration skills on UNIX/Windows
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- At least 4 to 6 years’ experience in EMC Storage.
ØEducational background: University degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems etc.) or equivalent experience in IT or relevant business area.
ØGood understanding of ITIL, Service standard processes (certification preferred)
DXC Technology CLEAR Values
Client Focussed : Our success derives from a deep understanding of our Clients, to whom all of DXC is committed to deliver exceptional service and Value.
Leadership: we lead from the front, displaying our integrity and using facts to support our straight talk. We create an environment for positive Change built on collaboration and Trust.
Execution Excellence: We insist on excellence in all we do for Clients and ourselves, striving always for recognition among the leaders in our industry.
Aspiration: we aspire individually and collectively to be more tomorrow than we are today.
Results: we accept individual responsibility for our commitments and expect to be accountable for results.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make DXC one of the world´s most attractive employers. At DXC our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at https://jobs.dxc.technology. You can also find us on:
- Bachelor of Engineering or 3 Year regular Diploma in electronics or Computer Science
- Relevant experience in HPUX administration.
- Experience in working with ITIL based delivery model
- Work experience as a sys admin in enterprise class environment.
- Work experience on High Availability (Clusters) implementation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Work experience on HPUX virtualization products.
- Experience in Shell/Perl scripting, security hardening and security tools.
- Interpersonal sensitivity and customer responsiveness
- Leadership skills
- Strong consulting skills, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Ability to communicate complex technical contents plainly and simply
Skill Desirable :
- SAN/Network hardware configuration Knowledge.
- Monitoring tools configuration Knowledge
- Knowledge on backup tools, storage arrays, database [Oracle, SQL].
- Project management knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of the IT environment and its future trends
EEO Tagline: DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities Apply Now